A big part of waking up consists of shedding what we think to be true. We tend to take things for granted and we don’t question what we’re told, not unlike children who are told that Santa Clause delivers presents down the chimney on Christmas Eve. Ever since you were born you were told things such as, you are a girl, you are a boy, you are a person, that is a dog, you are a human being on the planet Earth. If you go to church perhaps you are told that God created you, that you will go to heaven if you worship Jesus or that you will go to hell if you forsake God. The list of examples, of course, goes on and on and on. How many of you question what you are told? And why do you trust and believe those who tell you those things? For whatever reason, most of us, at some point, lost the ability to think for ourselves; to make our own discoveries about what is true and what is false. Is it easier to just blindly follow the herd? Are we too preoccupied with other things to bother? Do we just find a definition we like and settle down there? I’m sure there are many reasons, but I’m not here to figure out why. I’m just here to help you wake up. It starts with un-learning what is un-true. What is un-true? What is true? How do you know if you don’t question it? Start questioning everything. That’s a good place to start.
September 8, 2009
Un-Learn what is Un-True
This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 8th, 2009 at 1:51 am and posted in General Truth Talk. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Posts from days gone by
- @GovWhitmer How can you extend the stay at home order until mid-June but “open up” northern Michigan? People are coming up in droves. 5 days ago
- @realDonaldTrump You do realize your words were recorded, correct? 1 month ago
- @realDonaldTrump Seriously? 1 month ago
- @realDonaldTrump @nytimes The current ratings have nothing to do with you personally. Nothing. 1 month ago
- @realDonaldTrump Shame on you. 1 month ago