A big part of waking up consists of shedding what we think to be true. We tend to take things for granted and we don’t question what we’re told, not unlike children who are told that Santa Clause delivers presents down the chimney on Christmas Eve. Ever since you were born you were told things such as, you are a girl, you are a boy, you are a person, that is a dog, you are a human being on the planet Earth. If you go to church perhaps you are told that God created you, that you will go to heaven if you worship Jesus or that you will go to hell if you forsake God. The list of examples, of course, goes on and on and on. How many of you question what you are told? And why do you trust and believe those who tell you those things? For whatever reason, most of us, at some point, lost the ability to think for ourselves; to make our own discoveries about what is true and what is false. Is it easier to just blindly follow the herd? Are we too preoccupied with other things to bother? Do we just find a definition we like and settle down there? I’m sure there are many reasons, but I’m not here to figure out why. I’m just here to help you wake up. It starts with un-learning what is un-true. What is un-true? What is true? How do you know if you don’t question it? Start questioning everything. That’s a good place to start.
September 8, 2009
Un-Learn what is Un-True
This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 8th, 2009 at 1:51 am and posted in General Truth Talk. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Posts from days gone by
- @realDonaldTrump @MittRomney He did the right thing. Grow up Mr. Trump. You behave like a schoolyard bully. 2 weeks ago
- @WhiteHouse Coming from the man who has abused women for decades. 3 weeks ago
- @paigemepink @CanadianFlags @realDonaldTrump Ha...for what? Being a decent human being? 3 weeks ago
- @realDonaldTrump Enough. You are guilty. 3 weeks ago
- @WhiteHouse Seriously. If this was a fair trial you would bring forth witnesses etc. 3 weeks ago